The Instituto de Física Corpuscular (IFIC), a Severo Ochoa Centre of Excellence in Valencia (Spain), announces the opening of 6 PhD positions in the frame of the program “Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la formación de doctores 2016”, funded by MINECO (Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness).
The positions are the following:
1. Participation of IFIC at ANTARES and KM3NeT-ARCA/ORCA (Ref. FPA2015-65150-C3-1-P).
Project Leader: Juan de Dios Zornoza (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Contributions to inner tracker detector and physics program of the ATLAS experiment at LHC (Ref. FPA2015-65652-C4-1-R) . Project Leader: Carmen García (Carmen.Garcia@ific.uv.es).
3. Gravitational waves, black holes and cosmology
Project Leader: José Navarro Salas (Jose.Navarro@ific.uv.es).
4. Theoretical Astroparticle Physics and Cosmology: neutrinos and Standard Model extensions (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-2).
Project Leader: José W.F. Valle (Jose.Valle@ific.uv.es).
5. Particle Physics Phenomenology: the Standard Model and extensions (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-3).
Project Leader: Antonio Pich Zardoya (Antonio.Pich@ific.uv.es).
6. Nuclear Structure with the Advanced Gamma Tracking Array (AGATA) detector. (Ref. SEV-2014-0398-16-4).
Project Leader: Andrés Gadea Raga (Andres.Gadea@ific.uv.es).
The contracts will have a duration of four years, and will enjoy competitive conditions, with a gross salary of 16,422€ per year. The fellowship includes a budget of 6,250€ to cover tuition fees and research stays.
If the thesis is defended before the start of the fourth year of the fellowship, the MINECO will cover one postdoctoral year with a gross salary of 19,000€.
More information can be found at MINECO webpage.
Interested candidates with an excellent academic track record should fill an application form available at: https://sede.micinn.gob.es/ayu
The application deadline is September 27, 2016 at 15h.
More about the Instituto de Física Corpuscular (IFIC): http://ific.uv.es